Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Unix / vs all_local_drives

2002-05-22 09:13:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Unix / vs all_local_drives
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 06:13:23 -0700
If you use "/" in the file list with Cross Mount Points checked, it will
backup all the local mounts as one stream; by contrast
"ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES" will make a new stream for each mount.  If the mounts
are using the same set of drives (or a single drive with /, /var, /usr,
etc...) you may want to skip the ALL directive as you will get serious
disk thrashing.

~JK