Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpverify fails with 144 error

2002-05-21 19:10:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpverify fails with 144 error
From: cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu (Casey Feskens)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 16:10:03 -0700 (PDT)
Veritas gurus,

Hopefully I won't sound too much like a newbie here, but this is the first
thing resembling a netbackup database error I've seen in a year and I'm a
little bit afraid.

Over the weekend I saw bpverify fail on two different images with the same
error.  The results of bpverify giv eme the following:

INF - unexpected return value from db_FLISTreceive: invalid command usage
144
INF - Suspending the database compare because of database error.
INF - Verify of class user_data, schedule Differential-Inc
(gemini_1021788120)
failed, invalid command usage.

The daily pruning of errors shows the following:

05/19/2002 09:24:43 mserver bpverify  unexpected return value from
                    db_FLISTreceive: invalid command usage 144
05/19/2002 09:24:43 dante bpverify  Suspending the database compare
because of
                    database error.
05/19/2002 09:26:05 mserver bpverify  Verify of class user_data, schedule
                    Differential-Inc (gemini_1021788120) failed, invalid
                    command usage.

Nothing seems to particularly stand out in the logs, and all my other
images check out just fine, save the two times I've seen this over two
days. Has anyone seen this before?  What should I be looking for in the
logs?  Is my database really corrupt, and if so, how do I fix it?

FYI, the platform is Solaris, NetBackup version 3.4.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Casey Feskens <cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu>
System Administrator/Network Svcs. Consultant
Willamette Integrated Technology Services
Willamette University, Salem, OR