Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Unable to read EOT mark

2002-05-17 16:27:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Unable to read EOT mark
From: geoffh AT us.ibm DOT com (Geoffrey Hazel)
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 13:27:30 -0700
Any chance you have a bad tape or a defective tape drive?
Check /var/adm/messages (if you have it) for hardware errors....

|---------+--------------------------------------->
|         |           Effendy Bin Yahaya          |
|         |           <darkburst AT yahoo DOT com>       |
|         |           Sent by:                    |
|         |           veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng|
|         |           .auburn.edu                 |
|         |                                       |
|         |                                       |
|         |           05/17/02 03:24 AM           |
|         |                                       |
|---------+--------------------------------------->

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       "fx______\[François-Xavier_Peretmere\]" <fx AT veritas DOT
com>, Veritas Mailling List         |
  |        <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                                   |
  |       cc:       effendy AT eds.com DOT my
                                   |
  |       Subject:  [Veritas-bu] Unable to read EOT mark

bptm error messages

write_backup: FROZE media id N49399, could not write
tape mark to begin new image

io_ioctl: ioctl (MTWEOF) failed on media id N49399,
drive index 1, I/O error

io_read_block: read error on media id N49399, drive
index 1 reading header block, Error 0