Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multi-stream NDMP backups?

2002-05-14 17:18:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multi-stream NDMP backups?
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 14:18:49 -0700
It's a very manual process, but it works.  You have to list a NEW_STREAM
directive for every directory structure you want as a stream.  Some do
it by qtree others by actual directories.

I have heard of someone who wrote a perl script that will go to the
client, figure out what qtrees exist, and create file lists on the fly
by certain load balancing criteria.  It can be done but will require
some coding.

Otherwise you can do like I do and backup qtrees....

~JK