Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup of Oracle exports direct to tape

2002-05-14 11:09:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup of Oracle exports direct to tape
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 08:09:13 -0700
I mis-spoke earlier, not being a dba myself I sometimes get the jargon
mixed.  We do hot backups, what Informix terms archive backup, for
Oracle to disk.  Along with logging this allows us to recover up to the
last transaction.  Recovering from disk in this fashion is faster than
recovering from tape no?  Assuming you are recovering from the backup
that resides on disk.

~JK

--
Jeff Kennedy