Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Remove and insert tapes/media in the Tape-library

2002-05-13 02:52:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Remove and insert tapes/media in the Tape-library
From: rene.de.vries AT ordina DOT nl (Vries, Rene de (fin))
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 08:52:46 +0200
Hello,

A small Veritas Netbackup "Datacenter" 3.4 site with one L20 tape library
(SUN)

I haven a few question about removing and inserting tape/media "in" and
"out" of the tape library.

Q.1.    What must I do before I can remove a tape/media from the library to
an off-site storage place (safe place). I want to keep the data available
for restores    until the data is expired?
Q.2.    What must I do when we insert tapes/media into the library after
they are expired (see Q. 1).

I know the script available_media, we used this as input for the
tape-handling. But what must we do before/after we put in or out the media.

Thanks.

Rene