Veritas-bu

[[Veritas-bu] Getting NetBackup to forget about a drive?]

2002-05-13 02:18:07
Subject: [[Veritas-bu] Getting NetBackup to forget about a drive?]
From: javier.graf AT usa DOT net (jago)
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 23:18:07 -0700
Hi,

Just create a "quarterly schedule" for this backups and exclude this drive for
the other schedules in that class.

Bye

Javier González
T4B Group AG
www.t4b.ch

"Niehaus, Michael T." <MTNiehaus AT MarathonOil DOT com> wrote:
>       MIME Type: multipart/alternative
>
> We have nearly all of our servers set up with the ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
directive.  On one of our servers, though, when we replaced one of our disk
volumes, we temporarily had an extra drive H: attached to the system and
backed it up as part of our quarterly backups.  That didn't really cause any
problems, except for one: now the default search selects backup tapes going
back several months, looking to get the last backup from this now non-existant
drive.

> Is there any good way to get NetBackup to forget about this pesky backup
session?  It slows down the browse process.