Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SSO and Catalog Backup

2002-05-12 04:33:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SSO and Catalog Backup
From: suen AT cosmos.buffalo DOT edu (Michael Suen)
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 04:33:55 -0400 (EDT)
Hello EveryOne

        I have an SSO environment with a Sun Solairs Master and a Media
        Server of AIX.

        Do I need to backup the Catalog on the Media Server and the Master
        Server?
        My Master Server is the vmd/DA host

        Also, I understand a specific tape can only belong to one Media
        Host, what about the Volume Pools? Should the tape "belongs"
        to the volume pool that is under that specific Media Manager in
        the GUI

        One more Question: Every Time I open the Media and Device Manager,
        I have to manually add the device host to the GUI, is there a way
        to it added as default and "show up" everytime when I open it

        Thank you very much for your help

                Mike