Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] What is the BEST WAY to schedule a monthly backup (without 4.5)

2002-05-07 18:04:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] What is the BEST WAY to schedule a monthly backup (without 4.5)
From: geoffh AT us.ibm DOT com (Geoffrey Hazel)
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 15:04:13 -0700
I have a requirement to run a month end backup in the first week of the
month.  The data isn't there prior to that week, and after that week it
disappears.  If I wanted to schedule the job with NetBackup and not simply
run a manual job from "cron", what would be the best way to do that?

I'm toying with the idea of scheduling it every 730 hours (that's 365 days
x 24 hrs/day / 12 months) and just opening up the schedule 24/7 so when it
gets to the 730'th hour, off it goes.

Anyone else come up with a better way? A more clever plan?