Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Patch Version

2002-05-06 12:17:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Patch Version
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 12:17:34 -0400
Question about the output you show below.
I show the NB_34_2 patch installed before patch J0850645. Does this
matter ?

>>> "Burkins, Chad [NCSUS Non J&J]" <CBurkin AT MCCUS.JNJ DOT com> 5/6/02
11:40:19 AM >>>
I ran into this problem myself.....

Here are some of my notes that might help (assuming that you
are running a Unix flavor of NetBackup).

There are two levels of patches for a UNIX System (server and client),

so there will be two version files to represent each version and patch
level.

A client's version level file is located at
<install_path>/netbackup/bin/version

and will look similar to the following:

   # cat /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/version

   NetBackup-Solaris2.6 3.4patchJ0850740

   #

This version file indicates that patch NB_34_1 is installed for the
client
binaries.

The server's version file is located at <install_path>/netbackup and

should look similar to the following:

   # cat /usr/openv/netbackup/version

   HARDWARE SOLARIS

   VERSION NetBackup 3.4GA

   RELEASEDATE Tue Jun 20 03:04:00 CDT 2000

   #

The server's version file will not list the patch revision.

To find this, go to the patch directory and look in the patch.history
file.

The following shows how to do this:

   # cat /usr/openv/patch/patch.history | grep Installation

       Installation of patch J0850645 completed Mon Sep 10 20:17:51 CDT
2001
Rev. 1.45.

       Installation of patch NB_34_1 completed Fri Nov  9 17:30:47 CST
2001
Rev. 1.40.

       Installation of patch NB_34_2 completed Tue Dec  4 14:17:25 CST
2001
Rev. 1.54.

   #

This shows that patch NB_34_2 is the most recent patch installed on
the
server.

This output also shows the patch history for the machine as well.

Servers will have both the version files on their systems,

while client machines will only have the
<install_path>/netbackup/bin/version file.