Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Motif GUI going away

2002-05-03 11:36:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Motif GUI going away
From: kevin.v.vapiwala AT citigroup DOT com (Vapiwala, Kevin V [IT])
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 11:36:37 -0400
We've complained numerous times to Veritas about the performance of the Java
GUI, but I guess it hasn't help any. From what I was told by a person at
Veritas, the developers do NOT want to support the Motif GUI anymore, they
don't like and that means that we won't get it. It's not fair, but that's
the way it's going to be. Unfortunately if you don't have a windows machine,
you're kind of in a bad situation in terms of Netbackup GUI's. But these day
a Windows workstation is relatively inexpensive and it might be your best
bet instead of the Java interface. I even think the Windows GUI is just as
good as the Motif GUI.