Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 4.5 command changes + rerun single stream in 4.5?

2002-05-03 12:12:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 4.5 command changes + rerun single stream in 4.5?
From: Fabbro.Andrew AT cnf DOT com (Fabbro, Andrew P)
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 09:12:26 -0700
Yes, there appear to be all sorts of gratuitous changes to the commands.  At
least they can be linked in Unix.

I also noted with some amusement that you can no longer kill jobs in 4.5.
You can only "Cancel" them.  It says so right
on page 2 of the 4.5 Release Notes.  I guess this is going to be a kindler,
gentler edition of NetBackup.  If this trend continues, by version 8 we will
be "politely requesting, with great humility and contrition, a gentle
cessation of activity, with escalation to mediation if issues remain."

Personally, I think NB is going in the wrong direction.  I don't want to
"cancel" jobs.  I want to "assassinate with extreme prejudice" jobs.  I want
to "obliterate like a supernova" jobs.  I want to "rend the job
limb-from-torso until it screams with such agony that its descendents a
hundred generations later still fear my name" jobs.

Actually, what I really want is to be able to rerun a single failed stream
out of a class with multiple streams.  I heard that this was going to be
supported in 4.5, but I don't see it mentioned in my (admittedly cursory)
reading of the 4.5 notes.  Anyone know?