Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netware 6

2002-05-02 09:42:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netware 6
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 09:42:00 -0400
Sorry, my mistake in not keeping current with upgrades. Just found patch
246563 and it is now loading.
Now, though, after setting the smdr context and creating the target, I
still get an error 59 on the server end. Server is Solaris 8, 3.4.1 last
patch is, I believe, 234846.

Bob Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
734-930-3703
Fax 734-669-3703
grabbeb AT dominos DOT com

>>> "Bob Grabbe" <GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com> 5/2/02 9:02:28 AM >>>
When I try to load otm, I get a "Fail Load". The modules loaded
relating
to the client are
smdr V6.00a 1/12/02
tsa600 V6.00a 1/10/02
tsands V 10110.38 11/12/01
bpcd has a date of 2/22/01
otmload is from 8/27/01
otmcdm is from 8/27/01
otmlapi is from 8/27/01

I type otmload and it doesn't load. Same for otmlapi. Otmcdm will
load,
but bpcd gives the same error. Is there something different I should
have ?

Bob Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
734-930-3703
Fax 734-669-3703
grabbeb AT dominos DOT com

>>> Dave High <Dave.High AT veritas DOT com> 5/2/02 12:04:09 AM >>>
Dennis,

Yes, Novell 6 is fully supported with 3.4 as a Client.

See the http://support.veritas.com and check out the Compatibility
Lists for
NetBackup DataCenter 3.4 to verify.

Also, I have Novell 6 running here in my lab with NBU 3.4 and I am
backing
up Target just fine. I have not tried Non Target yet.

Please email me if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Dave

dave high
VERITAS Enterprise Consulting
Bay Area Region
702-683-7733

"Unix IS user friendly, it is just VERY picky who it chooses as
friends"