Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Meaning of "flags" field from vmquery -a -X ?

2002-05-01 10:22:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Meaning of "flags" field from vmquery -a -X ?
From: PWinkeler AT officemax DOT com (Winkeler, Paul)
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 10:22:24 -0400
Peter

An experiment I did this morning may shed some light on the "flags" field
reported on by the -X option:

Running with -X, vmquery yielded a flags value of 0x1 for all tapes, except
one: S02491 which had a value of 0x0
Running without the -X (using -w instead), S02491 was not listed at all!
Which is good, because I deleted that volume from the database just the
other day.

So my theory right now is this flags field indicates which volumes have been
deleted and, once the database gets cleaned up, will be removed.

That's my story, and I am sticking with it until a better one comes along
:-)

 PaulW

----
Paul Winkeler, Consultant