Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Stuck SDLT tapes

2002-05-01 10:09:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Stuck SDLT tapes
From: ROBERT_JOHANNES AT udlp DOT com (Robert Johannes)
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 09:09:31 -0500
For superdlt tapes, the only manufacturer right now is maxell; as I
understand it, other manufacturers are in the process of ironing out
license issues.  So in a short while, I'm sure you will see more
manufacturers of SDLT tapes, but mean while, if you are doing sdlt, you
are using maxell tapes (even if they are labled Quantum on them).  SDLT
is really new, if you think about it.  We had to wait till august last
year to implement sdlt.

As far as finding out more about the 9-volt issue, you could dig around
quantum's website.  I didn't know about the 9-volt battery thing till
one day a techsupport guy couldn't fix my drive because he didn't know
too, that you needed a 9-volt battery to eject a stuck tape.  That is
how new sdlt drives are.

robert