Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Slow backups

2002-04-30 19:16:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Slow backups
From: Ajay.Sharma AT hostcentric DOT com (Ajay Sharma)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 19:16:20 -0400
Hi All,

I am running NBU 3.4 on a solaris 8 machine. 6 drives 9326DX tape
library with over a hunderd differnt clients running differnet OS most
of the backups are running ok but A few of the windows 2k and NT clients
are running the backups really slow for some reason. I can do the ftp
transfer from the client to the server at 4-5 mbps. But the backups
still runs slow. I have already checked the switch ports and they are
set to 100mbps/FDX both on the client and the server ports are having
the same settings. Can some one guide me to solution or a clue?

Thanks for your help.

Ajay Sharma