Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] OS restore

2002-04-29 12:30:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] OS restore
From: MKoyfman AT imcglobal DOT com (Koyfman, Michael - Lake Forest)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:30:47 -0500
David,

I saw that demo at the local BMR presentation in Chicago.  It was pretty
cool, especially on NT side.  However, I'm implementing the BMR
functionality on the Solaris side by myself, and quite successfully, I might
add.  Since BMR is an option, and is licensed per SERVER(although quite
honestly I have no idea how much it is, I'd imagine it'll be fairly
expensive), I'm very happy to overlay my existing Jumpstart infrastructure
with a few packages that I wrote that do 80%+ of BMR.  But in the mixed
environment, and especially in the NT/Win2k environment, BMR is way too
cool. :)

-Michael