Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bprestore command - how to restore just /?

2002-04-29 11:53:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bprestore command - how to restore just /?
From: MKoyfman AT imcglobal DOT com (Koyfman, Michael - Lake Forest)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:53:26 -0500
Thanks Dave.  No, this was no answered already. :(  I think I'm going to
resort to dump the output of ls -A to a file every night, and bprestore will
run against that out in case needed.  The problem is that without the
"exclude" list for restore, I have to specify each file and directory under
/, and the only way to get it from NetBackup is to run bplist command with
-R 1, but the challenge there is to get the most accurate list - bplist,
unlike bprestore, cannot produce the most recent file list under /, it needs
explicit date, and that complicates the logic and scriptwriting beyond what
I think is necessary. :(

-Michael