Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Mismatch between bpmedialist and vmquery

2002-04-29 21:35:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Mismatch between bpmedialist and vmquery
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:35:24 -0700 (PDT)
for some reason (lost mediaDB file from media server, decommissioned
media server without doing a "bpmedia -oldserver -newserver, etc) the
mediaID shown below does not have a mediaDB entry, only a volDB entry.

NetBackup won't automatically deassign such a tape. (if you check your
"all log entries" you will see complaints...)  Run
   "bpexpdate -ev <MEDIAID> -justmedia -d 0" to fix.

rob