Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpexpdate -desssignempty failing with "host unreachable" -- WHY??

2002-04-29 07:20:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpexpdate -desssignempty failing with "host unreachable" -- WHY??
From: justin AT brighton.ac DOT uk (justin AT brighton.ac DOT uk)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:20:58 +0100
I had this problem a week or two ago.  One backup was assigned to one of
our alias hostnames (for a different network interface) of the media
server while all the other backups were assigned to the original hostname.
The media server is configured with the original hostname and NetBackup
wouldn't allow a connection to the alias hostname as a media server -
perhaps because the business server edition only allows 1 media server?

Anyway IIRC I simply found the backup ids assigned to the incorrect media
server and executed "bpexpdate -d 0 -ev <MEDIA_ID>" to expire the whole
tape.  You should be able to expire the images separately with "bpexpdate
-d 0 -backupid <BACKUP_ID>".

Justin