Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpexpdate -desssignempty failing with "host unreachable" -- WHY??

2002-04-26 15:52:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpexpdate -desssignempty failing with "host unreachable" -- WHY??
From: david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:52:38 -0500
Check DNS
use bpclntcmd command from the master server to the various media servers in
the master domain.

>From Media Server (s) or a Client Machine

bplcntcmd -hn $MASTER
bpclntcmd -ip $IP_OF_MASTER

>From Master

bpclntcmd -self
bpclntcmd -ip $IP_OF_MASTER

bpclntcmd -hn $MEDIASERVER
bpclntcmd -ip $IP_OF_MEDIASERVER

See if all of those resolve correctly.

If they do, then create a logging directory in /usr/openv/netbackup/logs
called bpdbm, check the SAG for conditions when creating this logging
directory.  Add VERBOSE in your bp.conf file.

Run the command and the examine the log for any more detailed information.

That's what I'd start with.

David

David A. Chapa
NetBackup Consultant
DataStaff, Inc.
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
847 413 1144
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com