Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Classes don't start Ron Lyman

2002-04-26 10:25:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Classes don't start Ron Lyman
From: ron AT linux DOT ca (Ron Lyman)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:25:39 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks to all for your assistance.  I will keep a copy of all your comments and
suggestions.  Unfortunately I have lots of things to work on, and just went back
to the old way of having separate classes for each day.

Soon, hopefully within 2 weeks, I will have an SDLT drive directly attached to
the server being protected.  I'll setup new media, classes, etc - and it will be
a good time to dig in to this problem (problem being my ignorance, it seems ;)
The old server that is currently in production as backup server will go offline,
and the DLT III tapes and drives will sit there for a year or so in case we need
to restore.

As to disk space... oh boy did I have a problem!  Those darned logs.  Turns out
there is no cron jobs / log rotate type thing automagically setup on NT, heheh.

With nearly a month's worth of bpdbm logs, the drive filled right up.  Oops.

Thanks again,
Ron Lyman
Network Support
Moen Incorporated