Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disk Storage Units - some questions

2002-04-25 21:24:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disk Storage Units - some questions
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 19:24:19 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1ECC1.1686F0B0

I've just configured my first disk-type storage unit.  Now, for the first
time, I have two storage units.  Is there a way to set a priority choice and
a secondary choice for a class?  For example, I want the Disk STU to be used
first unless it's not available, then try the tape drive STU.

Also, if it's not possible to do this, what's the error returned to the
backup job if the disk becomes full?

Finally, is there a way to compress the image onto the disk?

Master: Solaris 2.6 with NB 3.4.1

-Mark

   Mark Donaldson - Sr. Systems Engineer
   Experian EMS - Denver Colorado
  Barry White, Barry Manilow,& Barry Gibb are all
  the same guy recorded at 33&1/3,45,& 78RPM.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1ECC1.1686F0B0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Disk Storage Units - some questions</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I've just configured my first disk-type storage =
unit.&nbsp; Now, for the first time, I have two storage units.&nbsp; Is =
there a way to set a priority choice and a secondary choice for a =
class?&nbsp; For example, I want the Disk STU to be used first unless =
it's not available, then try the tape drive STU.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Also, if it's not possible to do this, what's the =
error returned to the backup job if the disk becomes full?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Finally, is there a way to compress the image onto =
the disk?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Master: Solaris 2.6 with NB 3.4.1</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-Mark</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT =
SIZE=3D2>---------------------------------------------------------------=
--------</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; Mark Donaldson - Sr. Systems =
Engineer</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; Experian EMS - Denver Colorado</FONT>
<BR><FONT =
SIZE=3D2>---------------------------------------------------------------=
--------</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp; Barry White, Barry Manilow,&amp; Barry Gibb =
are all </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp; the same guy recorded at 33&amp;1/3,45,&amp; =
78RPM.</FONT>
<BR><FONT =
</P>
<BR>