Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Change file ownership during restore on Unix NBU 3.4 DC?

2002-04-25 13:58:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Change file ownership during restore on Unix NBU 3.4 DC?
From: Will.Enestvedt AT jwu DOT edu (William Enestvedt)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 13:58:48 -0400
Hello, all;
   (I want to thank everyone right here who wrote to me after my question
yesterday about disaster recovery. I'm much cheered now, having gotten those
confidence-building answers, and after bringing myself a mild turkey
sandwich for lunch. Now, on to new business!)
   Is it possible to change file ownership during restore on Unix NBU 3.4
DC?
   I want to restore files as user Joe (group dba) even if they were backed
up belonging to user Jane (group staff). I looked through my manuals and the
archives of this list, plus STFW, and I didn't find a mention of this one
way or another.
   Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.
-wde
--