Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrading Solaris 2.6 to 8 on master server

2002-04-24 10:52:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading Solaris 2.6 to 8 on master server
From: ROBERT_JOHANNES AT udlp DOT com (Robert Johannes)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:52:48 -0500
I have noticed that there has been a few questions related to this
topic.  Well, for any one doing the same thing, I followed these steps,
which I had written up for myself, with a couple of changes:  For one,
look at the technote about upgrading nbu from 3.2 to 3.4 located at:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/232654.htm.  Secondly, copy the
/usr/openv/volmgr/database/volDB, if not the entire
/usr/openv/volmgr/database, to a secure location, where you can later
retrieve it.  If I had done that, I would have not ended up with a
corrupted /usr/openv/volmgr/database/volDB, which is the only file (as
far as I know) part of the nbu catalog that the upgrade process
touched.  I had to restore that file from previous good backups.  I do
believe that simply copying that one file to a secure location is
sufficient.

Also, notice the steps below presume you are using volume manager, and
that your netbackup partition is under volume manager control, and on
its own (nothing else on that partition).  They also presume that you
will think of other common sys admin stuff to do before and after an os
re-install, e.g, backup your crontab and other things like that.  I hope
these steps can help others.  They are what worked for me; they may need
modification to work for others.

Robert