Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] sgscan & EMC lp8000 fibre cards

2002-04-23 17:21:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] sgscan & EMC lp8000 fibre cards
From: RMarkham AT hafeleamericas DOT com (Markham, Richard)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:21:40 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1EB0C.E04A3D82

** I realize this is not Netbackup related but want to see if any has
** had similar problem within a similar config.

I have 6 out of 7 media servers able to see the tape drives and robot
through 'sgscan'.  One box is *only* seeing the disks and cdrom.  The
st.conf has been modified like the rest to see LUN1 and a boot -r
has been recently done.  the lpfc package is installed and i'm showing
link lights on the cards and brocades.  the bridge routers to the tape
drives are showing links and its providing connection to the tape
drives for all the other media servers.  I'm performed the sg.install
detail after upgrading to NB_34_2.  lputil is showing ready for
both the fibre cards.

I hope someone has a suggestion of what I might be missing.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1EB0C.E04A3D82

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>sgscan &amp; EMC lp8000 fibre cards</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>** I realize this is not Netbackup related but want to see if
any has </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>** had similar problem within a similar config.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>I have 6 out of 7 media servers able to see the tape drives and
robot</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>through 'sgscan'.&nbsp; One box is *only* seeing the disks and
cdrom.&nbsp; The</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>st.conf has been modified like the rest to see LUN1 and a boot
-r</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>has been recently done.&nbsp; the lpfc package is installed
and i'm showing</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>link lights on the cards and brocades.&nbsp; the bridge
routers to the tape</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>drives are showing links and its providing connection to the
tape </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>drives for all the other media servers.&nbsp; I'm performed
the sg.install</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>detail after upgrading to NB_34_2.&nbsp; lputil is showing
ready for </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>both the fibre cards.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>I hope someone has a suggestion of what I might be
missing.</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>