Veritas-bu

[[Veritas-bu] NBU Oracle Agent / RMAN]

2002-04-23 02:18:11
Subject: [[Veritas-bu] NBU Oracle Agent / RMAN]
From: javier.graf AT usa DOT net (jago)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 23:18:11 -0700
Hi there,

Michel I think you are confuse about the retention level definitions, take a
look at the SAG.  On your Policy Manager you can can define either "user,
full, diff, incr, or Default Policy" schedules depending what type of Backup
are you planing to do. The retention level apply to each of these schedules,
in your case if you use Def-Pol (only available for certain class types) for
your RMAN backups (it's a kind of user backup) started from the client, the
retension apply to all your images done with this schedule, but RMAN also
keeps this info in his own catalog db (recovery catalog), and that has nothing
to do with the NBU catalog.

SY

Javier Gonzalez
T4B Group AG