Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU Oracle Agent / RMAN

2002-04-22 21:47:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU Oracle Agent / RMAN
From: suen AT cosmos.buffalo DOT edu (Michael Suen)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:47:03 -0400 (EDT)
Hello EveryOne

        I have a Question about the Retention and stuff.. here is what I
        understand (I think)

        1) The Retention Setting in the "Default-Policy" is the
                REAL/Actual retention of the NBU Images
        2) The Retention Setting in the Schedules (Automatic,
                Differential, Cumulative) is just used to find out "When"
should the
                backup being run.
        3) Expiring images under NBU does NOT expire the reference under
                RMAN

        O.K.. with that...

        Since I have to use RMAN to do the expire, Can I set the Retention
        under "Default-Policy" to be INFINITY

        AND the Retention Setting under the Schedules (Auto,Diff) ALSO to
        be INFINITY ???

        Then I just use RMAN to do ALL of the expire??

        BTW, I have NBU 3.4.2 on Solaris

        Is that make sense or I am missing somewhere along the line??

        Thank you very much for your help...

        thanks

                        Mike