Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up NetApps filer

2002-04-22 11:10:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up NetApps filer
From: Martin.Alvarez AT barclaysglobal DOT com (Alvarez, Martin BGI SDC)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 08:10:58 -0700
I can confirm without a doubt that backing up via nfs is very slow (also
depending on the data size) and unless you have a very large backup window,
I would look to dedicate a drive (the Veritas preferred method) and back up
the filer using the ndmp option.
Of course we did not have the tape library bandwidth to dedicate drives, so
we just went with the nfs option and the backups take well over 20+ hours or
more.

Martin