Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Unix: /usr/openv symlinks

2002-04-21 10:46:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Unix: /usr/openv symlinks
From: Christopher.Schroen AT hqda.army DOT mil (Schroen, Christopher C Mr IMCEN/CEXEC)
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 10:46:59 -0400
Backup gurus:

I don't particularly like the way NBU keeps its logs and image files under
/usr.  Is there any reason I shouldn't take certain directories (especially
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/images) and symbolically link them to somewhere else?
That would sure relieve me of headaches having to constantly watch /usr, which
hovers around 95% full all the time.  I'd rather use symlinks than keep
extending the /usr filesystem.

Has anybody had problems with symlinks at and/or under /usr/openv ?

Thanks for your advice!

Christopher Schroen
UNIX System Administrator
HQDA Tracking System
IMCEN/CEXEC Pentagon
tel +1 703 697 3362
pager +1 703 826 6860
mailto:christopher.schroen AT hqda.army DOT mil