Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] vopie disabled

2002-04-20 01:27:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] vopie disabled
From: TerryGSpicuzza AT Eaton DOT com (Spicuzza, Terry G)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 01:27:52 -0400
Thank you everyone for your help.  I took the information below to disable
vopie.  In addition, we had to perform one more step so the following is
everything that was performed.

1.      mv /usr/openv/var/auth /usr/openv/var/auth.sav
2.      mkdir /usr/openv/lib/save
3.      mv /usr/openv/lib/lib* /usr/openv/lib/save
4.      change permissions on /usr/openv/var (the original permissions are
drwxr-x--- /usr/openv/var)
        add r-x to world so it looks like drwxr-xr-x /usr/openv/var

This seem to work, so no authentication is being performed and nonroot users
can perform a backup.
This was done on the master server and all media servers and will probably
be done on clients if issues arise.

Terry