Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpexpdate -deassignempty could not update media list, host is unreachable

2002-04-19 11:39:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpexpdate -deassignempty could not update media list, host is unreachable
From: justin AT brighton.ac DOT uk (justin AT brighton.ac DOT uk)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:39:55 +0100
Hi!
Basically yes.
We have two servers connected to each other via fibre and also to
ethernet.  The fibre interface uses "servername-1" and the ethernet
interface uses "servername".
In /etc/hosts we have
127.0.0.1       localhost
194.xxx.xx.xx   bpserver.bton.ac.uk      bpserver loghost
192.168.210.5   bpserver-1
192.168.210.6   bpclient-1
In bp.conf REQUIRED_INTERFACE=bpserver-1

I should have included this from the error log report:
bpexpdate  Host bpserver-1 not found for at least one fragment,
-deassignempty operation terminated
bpexpdate  Could not update media list, host is unreachable

I've tried bpexpdate -deassignempty trying all combinations of the -M and
-host parameters with no success. :-(

Any more ideas??

Kind regards, Justin
--
\ Justin
/ Network Services, University of Brighton