Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Intel Pro 1000/F adapter

2002-04-19 09:14:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Intel Pro 1000/F adapter
From: gbos AT uoguelph DOT ca (Gerrit Bos)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:14:11 -0400
David,
   No experience with that particular card, but it sounds like you're in a
catch-22.  Consistently on this list (and this is true in my experience)
there is push for Auto-Negotiate off, yet Intel requires it for your card
(something which surely has to be a transitory requirement!) so you have a
significant problem either way.  A while ago on this list there was someone
who suggested that it might be possible to turn trunk negotiation off for
non-trunk ports on Cisco switches (if that is what you use in your network).
Then Auto-Negotiation happens quicker.  It might be worth floating this idea
by your networking team.
We haven't tried that here, since we've always had good success without
Auto-negotiation, but I hope this helps....Gerrit