Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU & Archiving

2002-04-17 10:31:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU & Archiving
From: david.m.hapman AT pharmacia DOT com (HAPMAN, DAVID M [IT/0200])
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:31:38 -0400
Good morning,

Looking for some 'best-practices' and implementing the archiving
functionality within NBU.  Currently, we're running DataCenter v3.4.1,
looking to go to v4.5 after proven.  Being that we're required to meet
certain FDA regulations for electronic records where data retentions can be
up to 30 years plus the life of a product, we're looking to come up with a
centralized archiving and/or HSM solution for our internal
customers/business units.  Considering this rollout to tape media, CD/DVD,
or both.

If someone has some real-world experiences in the design, rollout, and
lessons-learned that they are willing to share, I'd be most appreciative.

Regards,

David Hapman
Pharmacia, Inc., Global Unix Engineering
616-833-0718