Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Cant Open Files

2002-04-17 11:13:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Cant Open Files
From: limelite AT ti DOT com (Young, Ken)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:13:31 -0500
See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/233254.htm for OTM sizing
parameters to alleviate the status 1 backups.

See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/242917.htm for exclude/include list
syntaxes. Also check the NB help file and P.544 of the NT Server admin guide
(downloadable from http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/232347.htm).

Just testing it out on my system, JET*.* works but *.tmp also works.
However, if you use JET*, it will not only exclude any JET*.tmp files but
also a folder named JET but not the folder named JETS.

You can test your wildcard syntaxes by launching the NB gui, click on Select
for Backup, and right click the files in question to bring up the property
shee. If the "Add to Exclude List" is NOT grayed out, then your exclude list
needs to be reworked. If the "Add to Exclude List" is grayed out, then the
files have been successfully been added to the Exclude List.

If you are running XP and encounter status 1 backups, see
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/243561.htm. You may need the _2 patch
for 3.4.1 since Manager (OTM) does not work with Windows XP without it.

Good luck,
Ken Young
Texas Instruments Inc.
(214) 567-5016