Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle class

2002-04-11 05:24:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle class
From: darkburst AT yahoo DOT com (Effendy Bin Yahaya)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 02:24:33 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all

I've got another issues regarding the Oracle class!
Let me put this way.  I've created 2 class concerning
to 2 Oracle instances.  I called it as Class A and
Class B.  Both class type is Oracle.  I did configured
the Fullbackup policy for the Automatic backup as well
as Default-Policy (which is automatically created by
the Oracle/Database Extension class).
My question is;

1.  Why does when I run manual backup for the Class B,
it call up the Default-Policy from the Class A ?
2.  I did run through the hot_database_backup.out for
the output, I've found out that the Class B is logged
in to the correct instance and call up the necessaries
datafile to be backup.  But then, at the activity
monitor, I can see the Default-Policy for the Class A
is being called by Class B ?

My temporary solution for this is deactivated the
Class A and manually run the Class B backup.  The
solution is good, whereby it does call the
Default-Policy from it own class, Class B.  How am I
going to justify it ?

For your information, both instances are located at
the same machine.  Before I restarted the NetBackup
services, I did found at the log file
(hot_database_backup.sh.out) stated that ORA-27007 and
additional information is 7004 !  From the Oracle web
site, it was saying that it could be the Media
Management Application is giving an error !  Do I need
to relink the Oracle again ??

I do have the following errors :

ORA-19506 : failed to create sequential file
ORA-27007 : failed to open file
Additional information : 7009

ORA-27015: failed to close the file
Additional information : 7023
ORA-27010 : write to file failed
Additional information : 7043
ORA-19502 : write error on file <filename> blockno
<blockaddress> blocksize=1024

my object/oracle link as follows :

lrwxrwxrwx   1 oracle   dba           12 Apr 27  2001
libobk.a -> libdsbtsh8.a
lrwxrwxrwx   1 oracle   dba           11 Jun 26  2001
libobk.so -> libobk.so.1
lrwxrwxrwx   1 oracle   dba           36 Jun 26  2001
libobk.so.1 -> /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/libobk.so.1
lrwxrwxrwx   1 oracle   dba           36 Jun 17  2001
libobk.so.1.260601 ->
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/libobk.so.1
lrwxrwxrwx   1 oracle   dba           11 Jun 17  2001
libobk.so.260601 -> libobk.so.1
lrwxrwxrwx   1 oracle   dba           36 Jun 17  2001
libobk.so.orig -> /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/libobk.so.1

DO I need to remove the libobk.a ???

Effendy