Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange

2002-04-10 10:12:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange
From: DowneCA AT HPD.Abbott DOT com (Downey, Cristian APX)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:12:45 -0500
Unfortunately, the Exchange mailbox level backups run through MAPI.  Which
basically means that it is opening each message and backing it up.  They
always run MUCH slower than regular DB backups.  We see about the same
throughput you do using regular DLT drives.  As far as the amount of data
that fits on a tape, it may be that since it is backing up each message
individually, you're loosing the single message store advantage of Exchange.
Therefore, the same message in 3 peoples mailboxes will be backed up 3
times.

As far as the error messages go, check out
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/243640.htm.  NBU has a limit of 288
characters for the subject line.

Cris Downey
Abbott GTS/HPD Server Team