Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NEW_STREAM Question

2002-04-09 16:48:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NEW_STREAM Question
From: jshuster AT etrade DOT com (James Shuster)
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 16:48:39 -0400
I have a log server that is taking 70 hours to get a Full backup.
We only backup 1 partition /etrade.
I would like to use the NEW_STREAMS directive in the file list for a few
large subdirectories (etrade/logs/web* /etrade/logs/trans* etc... ) and then
just backup the rest of /etrade without duplicating the above and not
listing every single dir out in the list.

Anybody have any ideas?

James M. Shuster
Sr. Systems Administrator
E*TRADE Financial
w 678.319.7218
c 404.391.9270
p 888.646.9107
This e-mail is the property of E*TRADE Securities, Incorporated. It is
contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected
from disclosure. Distribution or copying of this e-mail, or the information
contained herein, to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the
sender by e-mail at jshuster AT etrade DOT com and telephone at 678.319.7218.
Please delete and destroy any copies of this e-mail.