Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Demoting Master

2002-04-09 15:42:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Demoting Master
From: david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com)
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 15:42:49 -0400
Don:

Take a look at the functional overview in the Troubleshooting guide, Appendix
A.  Its a scary picture, but notice the difference between a media server and a
master server.  This really isn't as bad as one might think.

If you are demoting the master server then you will need to move the DBs that
are referenced in the upper left of the drawing on page 227.  If it is to be a
media server, then you will want to make sure you leave any media only DB's on
the machine.

Make sure you update your bp.conf files on all of your servers to reflect the
changes.

Oh, and make sure you 'stop' all of the processes on the servers before you do
any of this

Let me know if you have more questions.  I've done so many of these things, I
feel like I can do them in my sleep...so its easy to forget something.

David