Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] hacking with bpcoverage

2002-04-08 19:44:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] hacking with bpcoverage
From: Fabbro.Andrew AT cnf DOT com (Fabbro, Andrew P)
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 16:44:57 -0700
I'm familiar with bpcoverage and it's very handy for showing what
filesystems exist on a client.  However, it is missing a couple very useful
pieces of information - how big those filesystems are and how many files
they have.

Anyone have some ideas how bpcoverage might be used to acquire that
information?  Assuming one doesn't have a logon on the client system.  I
don't think bpcoverage as shipped will do it.  But I'm thinking it must be
talking to bpcd on the client and getting information...is the bpcd
protocol/API described anywhere?

--
Drew Fabbro
fabbro.andrew AT cnf DOT com