Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetApp and Catalog issue

2002-04-05 16:05:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetApp and Catalog issue
From: Steve Kappel <steve.kappel AT veritas DOT com> (Steve Kappel)
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 15:05:47 -0600 (CST)
Since you refer to Oracle DB files, I assume the number of files is
very small.  The catalog conversion overhead in NetBackup only
becomes significant with a large number of files (millions) and
is only relevant to pre-4.5 releases.

In NetBackup 4.5 the catalog conversion is no longer needed
so there is no impact, for any number of files.