Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How can 160-180 GBytes fit onto a 80 GByte DLT tape

2002-04-05 08:13:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How can 160-180 GBytes fit onto a 80 GByte DLT tape
From: justin AT brighton.ac DOT uk (justin AT brighton.ac DOT uk)
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 14:13:39 +0100
Thanks for all your replies concerning duplicating images spanning over a
couple of tapes (Subject: Duplicated faulty tape).

Something else is confusing me!  NetBackup reports we're fitting around
160-180 GBytes on each DLT tape!  Surely not?  The quoted capacity of a
DLT IV in a DLT 8000 drive is 80 GBytes (assuming a 2:1 compression
ratio).  Does anyone have a logical explanation or is the compression
really that good? :)

 ID     type    type      #     slot    face    level  KBytes
---
BK0014  DLT      NONE     -       -      -       5     192122560
FULL

Many thanks, Justin
--
\ Justin
/ Network Services, University of Brighton