Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE:

2002-04-04 14:02:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE:
From: david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:02:40 -0600
If I wrote it in perl it would probably be something you could easily port
today.  If you would like, and I have done this at several client sites,
download and install a Unix shell emulator that will interpret the shell
script.  Incidentally this does use one perl script for converting YYMMDD to
days since Unix birth.  So you'll need to know that going into it.

http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/

It works well, even a path like this is interpreted correctly.

/c/veritas/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpmedialist

that line works in my emulator on my laptop (MKS Toolkit - which costs $$$)

I should probably include that in my notes online.

David

PS.  I've also just recently modified this script a bit...when it is done
I'll upload and notify my nbu-lserv maillist that its been changed.  I found
a lot of redundancy that could be taken out.  One thing you may have to play
with is how to use the utime variable...Unix and NT play differently. The
next rev is much better.

David A. Chapa
NetBackup Consultant
DataStaff, Inc.
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
847 413 1144
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com