Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Reprioritizing queued jobs

2002-04-04 12:14:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Reprioritizing queued jobs
From: geoffh AT us.ibm DOT com (Geoffrey Hazel)
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 09:14:56 -0800
You must have a class defined for these user backups. What about setting
the class priority up to 99 or something higher than the other classes?

|---------+--------------------------------------->
|         |           "Donaldson, Mark"           |
|         |           <Mark.Donaldson@experianems.|
|         |           com>                        |
|         |           Sent by:                    |
|         |           veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng|
|         |           .auburn.edu                 |
|         |                                       |
|         |                                       |
|         |           04/04/02 08:17 AM           |
|         |                                       |
|---------+--------------------------------------->

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       "Veritasbu (E-mail)" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu>                                |
  |       cc:
                            |
  |       Subject:  [Veritas-bu] Reprioritizing queued jobs
                            |

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I use User Backups & User Archives (bpbackup & bparchive) to manage hot DB
backups & archived redo logs.  When the DB sends a set of files, I want NB
to jump right on it - regardless of queued jobs ahead of it.

Is there any way of reprioritizing jobs that are queued?  (I'm willing to
let active jobs complete first)

-Mark

   Mark Donaldson - Sr. Systems Engineer
   Experian EMS - Denver Colorado
  Barry White, Barry Manilow,& Barry Gibb are all
  the same guy recorded at 33&1/3,45,& 78RPM.