Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple Storage Unit question

2002-04-03 09:17:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple Storage Unit question
From: john.meyers AT wright DOT edu (John Meyers)
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 09:17:15 -0500
 Hi.

 We're currently using NetBackup 3.4.1 under Solaris with multiple SUN4700
 (DLT 4000) tape stackers defined as separate storage units (on a single
 media server).

 I wondering at this point what the behavior of NetBackup is when all of the
 media in a specific storage unit is fully allocated?  Such as a situation
 where a job starts using a tape volume in a specific storage unit, but the
 tape doesn't have enough capacity to fully store the data for the job and
 there are no other free volumes in that particular storage unit.  Does the
 job fail at that point, or is the rest of the backup data for that job
 written to available media in a different storage unit (assuming it's
 available)?

 Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

 Thanks,

 John

--
 John Meyers