Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpverify

2002-04-02 09:53:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpverify
From: karen.schoenbauer AT veritas DOT com (Karen Schoenbauer)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 08:53:31 -0600
There are man pages on the UNIX OS with NB 3.4 and with NB 4.5 there is
online help thru the GUIs and the manual are all on the CDs.

# MANPATH=$MANPATH:/usr/openv/man/share/man
# export MANPATH
# man bpverify
Reformatting page.  Please Wait... done

 bpverify(1M)                                                   bpverify(1M)

 NAME
      bpverify - verify the backups created by NetBackup.

 SYNOPSIS
      /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpverify [-l] [-p] [-pb] [-v] [-
           client name] [-st sched_type] [-sl sched_label] [-L output_file]
           [-class name] [-s mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss] [-e mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss]
           [-M master_server] [-Bidfile file_name] [-ct class_type] [-
           hoursago hours] [-cn copy number] [-backupid backup_id] [-id
           media_id | path]

 DESCRIPTION
      bpverify verifies the contents of one or more backups by reading the
      backup volume and comparing its contents to the NetBackup catalog.
      This operation does not compare the data on the volume with the
      contents of the client disk. However, it does read each block in the
      image, thus verifying that the volume is readable. NetBackup verifies
      only one backup at a time and tries to minimize media mounts and
      positioning time.