Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Backups from cron

2002-03-29 13:55:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Backups from cron
From: John.Snodgrass AT icn.siemens DOT com (Snodgrass, John)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:55:08 -0500
You don't have to activate and deactivate the class.  Keep it active, but
leave everything in the schedule times blank.  That will prevent the class
from running automatically.  Although you'll need to create schedules to
control things like retention period.  I've include an example of a script
to run a backup class from a script.  Do a man on bpbackup to see all the
command line options you can use.

echo ""
echo "Start the daily backup"
echo ""

/opt/openv/netbackup/bin/bpbackup -c CLASS_NAME_HERE -i -s Daily

echo ""
echo "Daily backup finished"
echo ""

John Snodgrass