Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SDLT performance on HP-UX 11.0

2002-03-28 11:36:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SDLT performance on HP-UX 11.0
From: ccang AT ncs.com DOT sg (Ang Chip Chiang NCS)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 00:36:41 +0800
Hi all,

I've recently configured a STK L700e Library with 6xSDLT drives thru SAN on
a HP-UX (Master server) and Windows 2000 server (SAN Media server) using
Veritas NetBackup 3.4.1

When I performed a backup using the W2K server, it achieved a throughput of
12MB/s. However, on the HP-UX end, the throughout is only around 1.5MB/s!!!

Does anyone what's wrong. Any configurable parameter or patches required on
HP-UX or NetBackup end ???

Pls kindly advice

Thanks in advance.
Jayce