Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] how does NBU find out if hte image has been expired or not?

2002-03-27 22:03:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] how does NBU find out if hte image has been expired or not?
From: dongfang.liao AT rogers DOT com (Dongfang Liao)
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 22:03:00 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C1D5DB.290A0080

Hi All,

Have you seen this kind of problem before? can anyone tell me how NBU =
finds out if hte image has been expired or not?

We just found out some one years old image files, which the expiration =
dates have been changed manually to 2 years old after they were backed =
up, were lost without any reason. We suspect NBU bpdbm mis-thinks the =
images have been expired and cleans up these image files since we found =
out the retention level of the image files were not changed after we =
compared some image files that we manually change the expiration date. =
The only changes is the expiration date of the images.=20

Will it be possible that bpdbm clean up the images files just by the =
retention level without checking the expiration date? or will NBU bpdbm =
check the both retention level and expiration date?

By the way, The retention level 9, which is supposed to be infinity, By =
in my environment, the expiration date for "infinity" is set to "Mon Jan =
18 22:14:07 2038". Make sense? But if you change your image to retention =
level 9, and check the expiration date on the image file, you will get =
this date.

Appreciate for any help!
-----------------------
Thanks
ldf

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C1D5DB.290A0080

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dgb2312">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Console" size=3D2>Hi All,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Console" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Console" size=3D2>Have you seen this kind of =
problem=20
before? can anyone tell me how NBU finds out if hte image has been =
expired or=20
not?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Console" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Console" size=3D2>We just found out&nbsp;some =
one years=20
old image files, which the expiration dates have&nbsp;been changed =
manually to 2=20
years old after they were backed up, were lost without any reason. We =
suspect=20
NBU bpdbm mis-thinks the images have been expired and cleans up these =
image=20
files since we found out the retention level of the image files were not =
changed=20
after we compared some image files that we manually change the =
expiration date.=20
The only changes is the expiration date of the images. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Console" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Console" size=3D2>Will it be possible that =
bpdbm clean up=20
the images files just by the retention level without checking the =
expiration=20
date? or will NBU bpdbm check the both retention level and expiration=20
date?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Console" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><FONT face=3D"Lucida Console">By the way, <FONT=20
color=3D#000080>The retention level 9, which is supposed to be infinity, =
By in my=20
environment, the expiration date for "infinity" is set to "Mon Jan 18 =
22:14:07=20
2038". Make sense? But if you change your image to retention level 9, =
and check=20
the expiration date on the image file, you will get this=20
date.</FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Console" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Console" size=3D2>Appreciate for any =
help!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Console"=20
size=3D2>-----------------------<BR>Thanks<BR>ldf</FONT></DIV></BODY></HT=

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C1D5DB.290A0080--