Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Java Gui

2002-03-25 09:33:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Java Gui
From: vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com (Jim VandeVegt)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 06:33:32 -0800 (PST)
Supported or not, I run it this way, and I find the GUI responds
better when its running on the master. I'm running v3.4. I've snooped
the data stream and it seems like there's *a lot* of data that passes
between the server processes and the GUI. I think it works faster if
that communication is happening within the same machine.

That is contrary to the Xwindows Motif GUI which seems to be very
network friendly.

I hope Veritas is listening, because I consider the java GUI a p.o.s.
I gave it an honest try when I upgraded to 3.4 because I heard
through the grapevine that the Motif GUI was going to disappear in
4.5. Now I hope that is not true. Or I hope the java GUI has been
greatly improved and optimized.

The java GUI for VM (VMSA) works really well, I can't figure out why
the NBU one is such a mess-up.

--Jim

--- "Fabbro, Andrew P" <Fabbro.Andrew AT cnf DOT com> wrote:
> I was told by Veritas support that remote display to the SAME
> platform type
> from the one you start jnbSA on is not supported.  i.e., setting
> your
> DISPLAY on the master back to a desktop workstation and invoking
> jnbSA is
> not supported.  You are supposed to run it locally from the desktop
> workstation.

=====
Jim VandeVegt
vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com vandevegt AT avaya DOT com
http://members.xoom.com/vandevegt
There is no luck except where there is discipline.